Deli Style Panini
We’re all so busy these days we don’t often get the chance for a lovely long lunch break away from our desks. This deli-cious panini with colourful roasted vegetables will brighten up your day and ensure you look forward to your Al-desko lunch all morning!
|1 1/2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 small (cubed)||aubergine|
|1/2 medium (deseeded)||yellow bell pepper|
|1 medium||courgettes, chopped|
|1 tbsp||balsamic vinegar|
|4 slices (75g)||Mozzarella cheese|
|black pepper, freshly ground|
- Prepare aubergine by cutting into 1½ cm slices then cube.
- Cube the courgette and slice the yellow pepper and half the tomatoes.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, add the aubergine, courgette and pepper and fry for 8-10 minutes, until tinged with brown, adding the tomatoes in the last couple of minutes, then drizzle over the balsamic vinegar.
- Meanwhile preheat the grill. Place the cut paninis on the grill rack cooked side up and toast until just tinged with brown, remove.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil onto the cut side of the panini.
- Place vegetables on top of the untoasted panini base and top with the sliced mozzarella, place back on the grill along with the up turned tops.
- Grill until the top is toasted and the mozzarella is just melting. Finish with a few torn leaves of basil and a good twist of cracked black pepper.