They are called either Chiacchiere, Galani, or Crostoli, depending upon the region, delicious pastries for Carnival according to the original Italian recipe.
|420 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|60 g||cold margarine|
|200 ml||white wine|
|15 g||vanilla sugar|
|1,5 g||grated lemon peel|
- First, place the liquid ingredients in a food mixer, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Knead the dough slowly until all the ingredients are mixed. Continue to knead on Level 2 until the dough is consistent (total kneading time approx. 3 - 4 minutes).
- Separate the dough into two halves and roll each half into a ball.
- Wrap the first ball in cling film (the dough dries out quickly). Roll out the second ball into a very thin sheet (max. 2 mm) and cut into strips (5 cm x 3 cm).
- Deep fry the dough strips in hot oil (approx. 1.5 minutes per side) but make sure you don’t let the dough strips turn too dark!
- Remove the dough strips from the oil and place on a kitchen towel to drain.
- Once the dough strips have drained, dust with icing sugar and serve.