Coxinha (small drumstick croquettes)
A recipe that all Brazilian nationals love in an incredible gluten free version and full of flavour. Easy to serve at every party!
|570 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|800 ml||chicken broth|
|For the filling:|
|3 tbsp||chopped onion|
|1||clove of garlic, chopped|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
|For the breading:|
|1 package||Torradas de Pão|
- First prepare the chicken.
- In a pressure cooker, put the 1/2 chopped onion and the carrot, the chicken in strips and 1 liter of water.
- Close the pot and set over a low flame.
- When it starts to whistle lower the flame and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Finally, strain the broth and set aside.
- After, shred the chicken and set aside.
- In another pan, cook 3 tablespoons of chopped onion, add the garlic and mix.
- Soon after, add the peeled tomatoes, chopped and without seeds, and the shredded chicken.
- Season with salt and black pepper, and cook for aproximately 20 minutes or until it starts drying up.
- Add the aromatic herbs (mainly parsley and chives) and set aside.
- Now, start preparing the drumstick dough in a big pan.
- Start boiling the broth made with the chicken and add the butter, salt and sugar.
- Add the flour a little at a time and stir constantly, until the dough dries and easily comes away from the pan.
- Turn off the heat, remove the dough from the pan and mix it with your hands on a kitchen countertop until smooth.
- Divide the dough in 15 equal parts, stuff and shape like chicken drumsticks and set aside.
- Prepare the breadcrumbs emptying the pack of Crostini into the food processor.
- Put the eggs in a bowl with water and mix well.
- Dip the croquette in the mixture and afterwards in the breadcrumbs.
- In a pan with hot oil, fry the croquette until crispy and golden brown.
- Tip: To easily and quickly shred the chicken, put it in an empty pressure cooker and shake vigorously.