Classic Swedish rolls, really fantastic! Savour the taste of Sweden in your own home.
|For the dough:|
|500 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|70 g||brown sugar|
|10 g||vanilla sugar|
|21 g||brewers' yeast|
|1 package||dry yeast|
|40 g||butter at room temperature|
|450 ml||lukewarm milk|
|grated lemon peel|
|For the filling:|
|200 g||melted butter|
- Dissolve the fresh or dry yeast in a little lukewarm water, then stir in the egg yolk.
- Place the yeast-milk mixture in a mixing bowl, then add butter and all the dry ingredients and a little grated lemon peel or a few drops of lemon flavour.
- Knead the dough at medium speed until you have a smooth batter.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let it rest in a warm place for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Knead the dough a little on a lightly floured working surface and form it into a ball.
- Shape a rectangle of about 1 - 2 cm thick, on a floured work surface.
- Brush with melted butter, then mix the sugar and cinnamon and distribute this evenly over the dough.
- Roll the dough starting from the longest side, then cut out disks of around 3-5 cm. and press each slice exactly in the middle with a wooden spoon handle (don't push through).
- Position the disks on a sheet covered with oven paper, brush with the remaining melted butter and let rise for around 15 - 20 minutes in a warm place.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180°C (upper and lower heat) or 170°C circulating air and place an empty, fireproof form on the bottom of the oven and heat it up.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in the preheated oven and pour 100 ml of water into the fireproof form.
- Depending on the desired browning degree, bake them for about 20 - 30 minutes.