Christmas Tree Cake
The Greek yogurt to make it soft, the chocolate drops to make it greedy, the orange and lemon peel to perfume it: here is the easy and delicious Christmas Tree cake ready to be served to your guests!
|For the glaze / icing:|
|100 g||sugar, granulated|
|10 g||corn starch|
|30 g||egg white|
|For the dough:|
|350 g||Mix it! Universal|
|150 ml||greek yogurt|
|120 ml||corn oil|
|16 g||instant yeast for cakes|
|5 g||baking soda|
|grated peel of a half orange|
|grated peel of a half lemon|
|50 g||milk chocolate drops|
- Start by preparing the icing.
- Chop the almonds until they are reduced to flour and mix in a bowl with the granulated sugar and cornstarch. Add the egg white and mix with a whisk by hand. Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Turn on the oven at 180 °.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with the sugar, then add the Greek yogurt and mix well with the whisk by hand.
- Add the baking powder and baking soda to the flour and slowly sift it into the bowl with the liquid ingredients. Add the milk and the corn seed oil little by little. Grate the orange and lemon peel in the dough, add the chocolate drops and the rum and mix with a spatula.
- Pour into the mold and decorate with flaked almonds; cook at 180 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and pour the previously prepared icing onto the surface of the cake and brush it well.
- Decorate with a new layer of flaked almonds and bake again for 15 minutes, again at 180 °.
- Check the baking of the cake with a stiff before removing from the oven and eventually let it cook for a few more minutes.