Chocolate Whoopies with berries
An original alternative to the famous cupcakes. Whoopies are little cakes made of two layers of sponges filled with cream and covered with a soft chocolate icing. Enjoy with a coffee together with friends. They are sure to be a hit.
|For the dough:|
|200 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|For the filling:|
|200 g||forest fruits (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)|
|1 package||vanilla pudding|
|For the glaze / icing:|
|1 tbsp||chocolate spread|
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
For the filling:
- Heat the berries in a pan over a medium heat, together with water and sugar.
- Place a little of the liquid in a glass and set to one side.
- Mix the liquid in the glass with the pudding powder and add to the berries.
- Stir well and bring to a simmer until the berry mixture thickens.
- Then allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, whip the cream until stiff.
- Combine with the cooled berries.
For the batter:
- Separate the eggs.
- Thoroughly beat the egg yolks with the butter and sugar.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks and put to one side.
- Stir chocolate pieces into the egg-butter mix.
- Alternately fold in sieved flour and egg white.
- Fill an icing bag or a freezer bag with the batter and ice the batter onto the prepared baking tray.
- Make sure that there is enough space between the rounds of batter.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes.
For the glaze:
- Heat the chocolate, chocolate spread and oil in a bain-marie.
- Once the cakes have cooled, spread with the chocolate cream and place another cake on top.
- Brush with the glaze and serve.