Chocolate slice with apricots
Fruity, sweet temptation: chocolate cake with apricots – wonderfully refreshing on hot summer days! This cake is also extremely quick and easy to make – on the table fresh from the oven in just 20 minutes!
|For the dough:|
|200 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|2 bars||plain chocolate|
|1 package||vanilla sugar|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|3 tsp||baking powder|
|800 g||tinned apricots|
|For the decoration:|
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs to stiff peaks, place to one side.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually stir in the egg yolks until a light, creamy consistency forms.
- Stir in the chocolate and the sieved flour mixed with the baking powder.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites.
- Spread the batter over the baking tray.
- Slice the apricots (or strain them) and distribute evenly over the batter.
- Bake the cake in the oven for approx. 30-35 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.