Chocolate Meringue Cake
This chocolate meringue cake is the perfect combination of chewy crunchiness and silky softness. This naturally gluten free cake is at it’s best when loaded up with seasonal fruits or berries.
|250 g||caster sugar|
|2 tbsp||cocoa powder|
|2 tbsp||corn starch|
|1 tsp||white vinegar|
|50 g||dark chocolate|
|For the filling:|
|1 tbsp||caster sugar|
|200 g||pomegranate seeds|
|1 handful||mint leaves|
|to taste||chocolate curls|
|to taste||chocolate flakes|
- Preheat the oven to 120 C.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large, clean bowl with a mixer until stiff.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar. Meringue is ready when you can turn the bowl upside down without the eggs sliding out.
- Finally whisk in the cornstarch, vinegar and chopped chocolate until well combined.
- Spread the meringue on a baking parchment (diameter about 23 cm). Make the sides a little higher than the middle.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Let the meringue cool completely. Until this phase cake can be done before head. Store the meringue in a dry place.
- Prepare oranges. Trim away skin and pith. Cut into segments.
- Whip the cream until soft. Add the sugar.
- Spread the whipped cream on the meringue.
- Put the pomegranate seeds and oranges’ segments on the cream.
- Garnish with chopped chocolate and fresh mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.