Chocolate Chip Cookies
These easy, home made chocolate chip cookies are chewy in the middle and crispy at the edges. Make plenty, as they’re sure to be a hit!
|340 g||Mix it! Universal|
|80 g||raw cane sugar|
|1/2 tsp||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda|
|1 tsp||sea salt|
|125 g||chocolate chips|
|125 g||chocolate, chopped|
|1 tbsp||cold water|
- Heat the oven to 200°C (fan 180°C).
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Chop the chocolate of your choice (milk chocolate or dark chocolate) if needed.
- Add the chocolate into the dry mixture.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the beaten egg and melted butter into the bowl. Stir well. Add a tablespoon of cold water if needed.
- The dough can be made up to two days ahead.
- Store the dough wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Use a tablespoon to make little scoops out of the dough and layer them on the baking paper.
- Flatten the scoops a bit, the cookies should be 4 cm in diameter.
- Bake 6–8 minutes until the cookies are light brown at the edges and still soft in the centre.