Chocolate almond hearts
These Christmas cookies without gluten contain three secrets: chocolate sprinkles, almonds and honey. Together with good coffee they can melt any heart.
|For the dough:|
|125 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|125 g||butter at room temperature|
|1/2 tsp||xanthan gum|
|150 g||ground almonds|
|1/4 package||baking powder|
|For the decoration:|
- Put the butter and honey in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy using an electric handmixer.
- Mix the sieved flour, xanthan gum and the baking powder and add to the butter-honey-mixture together with the remaining ingredients.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put in the refrigerator for approx. 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Dust the work surface with flour, knead the dough with your hands and roll out using a rolling pin.
- Cut out heart shapes and bake for approx. 6 – 8 minutes until golden.
- Melt the chocolate glaze in a bain-marie and half dip the hearts in the glaze.
- Allow the biscuits to dry and store in a biscuit tin.