Chestnut bread with pine nuts
It is not just delicious, it is also nutritious and filling: Under its brown shell the chestnut hides a wealth of healthy substances such as vitamins, magnesium, proteins and calcium. And the best part is it is naturally gluten-free!
|400 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|100 g||chestnut flour|
|10 g||sea salt|
|50 ml||olive oil|
|300 ml||lukewarm water|
|15 g||fresh yeast|
|7 g||dry yeast|
|50 g||pine nuts|
- Mix the chestnut flour, Bread Mix, salt and olive oil together in a bowl.
- Dissolve the yeast in water, add to the other ingredients and knead it all together for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the pine nuts. Cover the dough and leave it to rise at room temperature until the volume has virtually doubled.
- Briefly knead the dough, mould it into a loaf shape, place it on a baking tray covered with baking parchment and make cuts across the surface.
- Cover and leave to stand for a further 30 minutes. Brush with a whisked egg (optional).
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven (180°) for approx. 45 minutes.