Cherry Berry Breakfast Muffins
Everyone always loves a muffin, the blueberries in these keep them moist and the cherry preserve makes them burst with flavour. These can be simply sprinkled with Demerera sugar or to impress, flavoured duo buttercream.
|For the dough:|
|250 g||Mix it! Universal|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||blend of spices|
|115 g||light brown sugar|
|85 g||unsalted butter|
|115 g 3,5% fat||unsweetened yoghurt|
|85 g||cherry conserve|
|For the topping:|
|100 g||butter at room temperature|
|250 g||icing sugar|
|1/2 tsp||lemon extract|
|1 tsp||berry jam|
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place 8 - 9 paper muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- Sift the Mix it! Universal flour into a bowl together with the baking powder and the mixed spices, incorporate the sugar and the blueberries (cut the larger ones in half).
- Melt the butter, then beat it lightly with the yoghurt, eggs and cherry jam, until all ingredients are well blended.
- Gently fold the flour into the mixture, taking care not to deflate it.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of batter into each muffin case.
- Sprinkle with cane sugar to taste.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Delicious hot or cold.
- Decorate as you like.
- Cream the butter together with the icing sugar, add a few drops of milk to soften the mixture slightly.
- Divide the mixture in half, add lemon extract to one half, and wild berry jam to the other.
- Fill two pastry bags or one double-compartment bag with a nozzle.
- Decorate the muffins with swirls of the two colours of butter cream.