Here it's all about the puff pastry. If you like your food tangy and tasty, then you won't be able to resist these cheese sticks. The light and airy puff pastry coated with finest, appetising Parmesan cheese is sure to keep your party guests well satisfied.
|100 g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
- Defrost the puff pastry according to the instruction on the packet.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle (approx. 24 x 30 cm) on a floured baking sheet.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Brush the dough with the egg. Sprinkle one half with cheese.
- Fold over the other half and press together with a rolling pin.
- Cut the sheet of dough into approx. 1.5 cm strips, twist these into spirals and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Mix the egg yolk with the milk.
- Brush the cheese twists with the mixture. Sprinkle with coarse salt according to taste.
- Bake in a preheated fan oven at 180° for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- The puff pastry sheets in the packet should produce about 40 cheese twists.