Cheese and Cured Raw Ham Croquettes
Croquettes are always a good option! If you don’t know what to make for dinner or if you’re expecting guests – croquettes are always a good choice! These delicious cheese and cured raw ham croquettes will be a guaranteed success and they can be made in just over half an hour!
|200 g (Serrano)||raw cured ham|
|150 g||grated cheese|
|1 l||fresh whole milk|
|salt and pepper|
|For the breading:|
|Paniermehl - Breadcrumbs|
- Chop the cured raw ham into small pieces and set aside.
- Warm up the milk in a saucepan and set aside.
- Sauté the chopped onion with the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the small pieces of cured raw ham once the onion is translucent.
- Add the flour little by little and sauté with a whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk slowly and stir constantly with a whisk until it has thickened; this takes about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir constantly and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese and mix everything together.
- Place the dough in a rectangular pan and let it cool in the fridge.
- Shape the croquettes and get 3 bowls ready; one with flour, another with the beaten egg, and the last one with breadcrumbs.
- Use two tablespoons to take portions shaping the croquettes, place them in the flour, coat them in the flour, then deep into the beaten egg and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Cook the croquettes in oil until both sides look golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.