These mouth-watering Carolinas are an easy-to-make treat that could come straight from a bakery in France! Mixing the tanginess of dark chocolate with the smoothness of pastry, they’re a sure-fire hit at any party.
|For the dough:|
|1 cup||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1 tsp||baking soda|
|1 tsp||vanilla essence|
|300 g||Dulce de Leche|
|100 g||baking chocolate|
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, and line your rectangular baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a pan, mix the water, sugar, butter and the vanilla extract together.
- Bring to a boil.
- When it boils, turn off the heat and add the Mix C Schär flour.
- Mix the batter until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Put the pan back on a low heat and cook the batter for approximately 3 minutes, mixing continuously with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl and let cool.
- When it is cool, add the bicarbonate and baking powder, and mix.
- Continue mixing and add one egg at a time until the batter is smooth.
- Put the batter in a pastry bag and make balls (approximately 3 cm wide and 2cm high).
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After this time, lower the temperature to 170°C and bake for another 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Only take them out of the oven when they are golden brown, so they don’t collapse.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Make a hole in the bottom of each Carolina and, with a pastry bag or a teaspoon, fill them with caramel and cover with melted bittersweet chocolate.