Cantuccini (Almond biscuits)
These crunchy almond biscuits and the much appreciated Vin Santo are made for each other; not surprisingly, these traditional Tuscan sweets are usually accompanied by sweet golden wine.
|For the dough:|
|180 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|5 g||baking powder|
|100 g||almonds, roasted and roughly chopped|
|20 g||raw marzipan|
|1 tbsp||rum or amaretto|
|5 g||vanilla sugar|
|a little bit of||grated zest of an unwaxed lemon|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
- Preheat the oven to 185°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all the ingredients until it forms a dough.
- Shape the dough into little sausage shapes 2–3 cm in diameter and bake for approx. 20 mins.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and allow to cool. Then cut into slices.
- Store the biscuits in a dry place, preferably in a metal tin.