Butternut squash and broccoli style dhal
This hearty vegetarian dish is a great winter warmer, with an added spicy kick. You could serve with lamb kebabs or lamb chops if you would prefer a meat version. Our gluten free recipe for garlic and coriander ciabatta slices are perfect for dipping or mopping up this mouth-watering main.
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|225 g||butternut pumpkin|
|400 g||green lentils|
|500 ml||vegetable stock|
|25 g||almonds, roasted and roughly chopped|
|Ciabattine / Ciabatta|
- Deseed and dice green pepper and chilli.
- Tail and slice spring onions.
- Heat oil in a large pan, fry green pepper, chilli and spring onions for 2 minutes.
- Add the cumin, diced and peeled butternut squash and rice, fry for a further minute before adding the stock.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the broccoli broken into small florets and drained lentils from tin and cook a further 10 minutes, the mixture should be quite thick.
- Serve topped with the toasted almonds.