Brazilian Northeast Turnover family size
This filled turnover recipe with beef jerky was made by Solimar Perine, the winner of the Schär’s recipe contest of 2015.
|For the dough:|
|500 g||cooked and kneaded cassava|
|4 tbsp||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|1||egg yolk for brushing|
|For the filling:|
|300 g||dried and cooked beef|
|1||clove of garlic, chopped|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
- With a fork, mash the cooked cassava and let cool.
- In a bowl mix the mashed and already cooled cassava with the Mix Pan flour, egg and salt.
- Mix until you obtain a smooth dough.
- Open the dough with your hands on a sheet of waxed paper, greased with margarine. Set aside.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Add the tomatoes, beef jerky and mix for about five minutes.
- Add the black pepper to taste, remove from heat and let cool.
- Put the Schär crackers in the mixer and beat until a flour mixture has been made. Set aside.
- Spread the filling on over half the dough.
- With the help of the waxed paper, cover the filling with the other half of the dough as in a turnover.
- Still on the wax paper, lay it on a tin, brush with an egg yolk, sprinkle with the flour made with the crackers, and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for approximately 20 minutes.
- Note: If you prefer, cut the dough to make individual turnovers.