Braids with Figs and Walnuts
These braids, with sweet figs and crunchy walnuts, are perfect for sharing with friends.
|500 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|10 g||brewers' yeast|
|150 g||dried figs|
For 25 braids, each 50 g:
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl, add the crumbled yeast and 360g of water, after warming it up to 28°- 30°C.
- Knead the mixture using the dough hook for 3-4 minutes, then add the remaining 40g of water and the salt.
- Add the dried fruit and coarsely chopped figs to the mixture.
- After 1 minute of kneading at minimum speed, turn off the machine and transfer the dough to the work surface.
- After oiling the dough, make 50 strips of 20-25 cm
- To make a braid, you need two lengths of dough: join them at one end and twist them over each other to resemble a braid.
- Arrange the braids on a flat baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and let them rise for 4 hours in the oven, turned off with the light on, or in a warm place, but covered with transparent film without touching the dough.
- Once risen, brush the braids with oil and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes.