Bolognese Vegetarian Lentil Ragout with Tagliatelle
A delicious Bolognese sauce… and even better, it’s suitable for vegetarians! This recipe is perfect for everyone, and is made with lentils, aromatic herbs and spices. A huge hit at dinner parties, especially if paired with gluten free Tagliatelle noodles or spaghetti!
|320 g||Tagliatelle all’uovo|
|2 small||parsley roots|
|750 g (finely chopped)||tinned tomatoes|
|4-5 tbsp||tomato concentrate|
|100 ml||red wine|
|800-1000 ml||vegetable broth|
|2 tbsp (optional)||maple syrup|
|60 g||peas, frozen|
|40 g||dark chocolate|
|to taste||spices (nutmeg, salt, pepper, sweet peppers, cumin)|
|to taste||herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, laurel)|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|a little bit of||sour cream|
|a little bit of||basil|
- Finely chop the garlic and onion
- Chop the carrots and parsley roots into small pieces.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil, stirring every so often.
- Add the vegetables to the mix and brown them, stirring constantly.
- Add the maple syrup and tomato paste to the mix and let simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the lentils and brown them for a few moments.
- Dilute with red wine and 500ml of vegetable stock.
- Add the bitter chocolate to the mixture.
- Coarsely chop the remaining fresh aromatic herbs (leave the bay leaf whole), then add them to the lentil sauce.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat until the lentils are cooked.
- Depending on the thickness you’d prefer, the lentils need about 45-60 minutes of cooking.
- Gradually add the rest of the broth, continuing to stir occasionally. The amount of broth required depends on the preferred thickness of the sauce.
- Add your favorite spices, taste and adjust according to taste.
- Serve with gluten free Tagliatelle noodles.