Blinis "Russian pancakes"
The pastry treat with buckwheat flour originally comes from Eastern Europe and tastes delicious with a savoury sour cream and caviar topping or even with smoked salmon – a traditional Russian speciality couldn’t be easier!
|120 g||buckwheat flour|
|80 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|10 g||fresh yeast|
|5 g||dried yeast|
|200 ml||lukewarm milk|
|50 g||clarified butter|
|200 g||soured cream|
|50 g||black caviar|
|100 g||trout caviar|
- Mix the buckwheat flour with Schär bread mix – mix B in a mixing bowl.
- Form a well in the flour mix, crumble in the yeast and then sprinkle sugar on top.
- Pour 1/3 of the lukewarm milk over the yeast and wait about 10 minutes until bubbles form.
- Add the butter, salt and egg yolk to the remaining milk and whisk for approx. 5 minutes until a viscous batter is formed.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place for 40 minutes until bubbles form in the batter.
- Melt the clarified butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- Spoon the batter into the frying pan, shape the blinis using the spoon or a dessert ring and then fry at a moderate heat.
- This amount of batter produces 10 blinis.
- Serve the blinis with soured cream and caviar.
- Smoked salmon may be used instead of caviar.