Belgian caramel biscuits
These crunchy caramel biscuits are a Belgian speciality, and with their light flavor they’re the perfect accompaniment with a cup of coffee (or simply when you need a mis-afternoon hit of sugar!
|For the dough:|
|300 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|150 g||sugar beet syrup|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|2 tbsp||baking powder|
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (top and bottom heat setting) and line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Beat the sugarbeet syrup with butter, salt and cinnamon until frothy.
- Mix the sieved flour with the baking powder and stir into the sugarbeet mixture.
- Rest the dough in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Roll the dough out on a surface dusted with flour and cut out star shapes.
- Place the shapes on the baking tray and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack.