Beigli with poppy seeds
It's not Christmas without Beigli! Here's the recipe for another traditional Christmas sweet, the roll with poppy seeds.
|200 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|4 g||dried yeast|
|For the filling:|
|200 g||ground poppy seeds|
|150 g||icing sugar|
|1||grated lemon peel|
|a little bit of||milk|
- Mix the flour with sugar, salt and powdered yeast, then crumble in the margarine.
- Add the warmed milk and egg, make a light dough and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Mix the ground poppy seeds with the sugar, add some grated lemon zest and enough milk to create a crumbly short mixture.
- Work the dough again, dividing it into two pieces, then roll these out on a floured surface one at a time.
- Spread the poppy seed filling onto the dough, fold the edges and roll them up.
- Brush the outer part with egg yolk and let sit for 15 minutes, then brush it with the egg white.
- With a fork, make holes on the upper part, then bake in an oven preheated to 175°C for 20 - 25 minutes.