Beef hamburgers with cheddar, onions and courgettes
A revisited version of the classic cheeseburger... flavoured with grilled zucchini!
|500 g||minced beef|
|1||clove of garlic|
|tartar or Béarnaise sauce (optional)|
|a little bit of||extra virgin olive oil|
|salt to taste|
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and add to the minced beef with a generous pinch of salt. Mix thoroughly in a bowl then shape into 4 even burger patties.
- Peel the onions and cut them into slices. Top and tail the courgettes and cut them into thin slices.
- Pre-heat a ridged, cast-iron griddle pan. Split the Hamburger rolls in half and toast the cut sides on the griddle.
- Grill the courgette slices briefly on each side, then season them with a drizzle of oil and a pinch each of salt and chopped parsley.
- Cook the hamburger patties on the griddle, turning them over after about 2 minutes.
Assemble the hamburger as follows:
- Arrange the lettuce and onion on the lower half of each roll, then carefully place the burger, tomato and courgettes on top.
- Finish with a slice of cheddar and the top of the roll. Serve hot.
- Chef’s suggestion: for a more intense flavour, use 300g beef and 200g lamb.