A traditional Argentinian recipe in a gluten free version. By Carolina Acquisti
|For the dough:|
|125 ml||hot water|
|180 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|For the filling:|
|500 g||ground beef|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 tsp||sweet paprika powder|
|1 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|to taste||black pepper|
Prepare the dough:
- Put the flour and butter in a bowl and pour the hot water over it.
- Mix everything with your hands until the ingredients are all incorporated.
- The dough becomes smooth and easy to work with.
- Take pieces of dough and spread with a rolling pin until very thin.
- Afterwards, cut with a cutter.
- When adding the filling, pass the rolling pin over it again, lightly, to spread the dough a little bit further.
- Put the filling and close the dough (if you do not know how to crimp the borders, just press with a fork, to close tightly).
Prepare the filling:
- Put the olive oil and onion in a pan. Cook.
- Add the meat, stirring well, until all the meat is cooked.
- Add the paprika (dissolved in 1/4 of water), the Cayenne pepper, oregano, salt and black pepper.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and add the olives (if you prefer, chopped).
- If you prefer them whole, set aside to use when putting it all together, along with the raisins, if you like, and a chopped hard-boiled egg.
- Mix everything and let cool.
- Put the cold filling on the dough already spread out. Brush with 1 whisked egg. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C until golden brown.