Basil-flavoured bean and quinoa mini-burgers
Even those who don’t like meat can enjoy a great sandwich: here’s the mouth-watering vegetarian mini burger... worth trying!
|For the burgers:|
|480 g||Borlotti beans|
|4 slices||Classico del Mastro Panettiere / Classic / Maestro Classic|
|a little bit of||Paniermehl - Breadcrumbs|
|a little bit of||extra virgin olive oil|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|For the sauce:|
|a little bit of||juice of one lime|
|1||clove of garlic|
|2 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|1 pinch/es of||black pepper|
- Peel the potatoes and steam them for 20-25 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa in boiling, salted water for about 15 minutes then pour into a sieve or colander and allow to drain thoroughly.
Meanwhile, prepare the salsa:
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone and the skin.
- Cut the flesh of the avocado into cubes and put them in a food processor.
- Blend the avocado with the lime juice, oil, the peeled garlic clove and the coriander leaves, seasoning with two healthy pinches of pepper and one of salt.
- Blend in the food processor until you have a uniform mixture.
- Put the salsa in a bowl, cover it and put it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- Cut the Hamburger rolls in half, brush the cut surfaces with a little oil and toast them in a dry, non-stick pan, cut surface down, until they are golden brown.
- Chop the slices of bread in a food processor with the fresh basil until you have fine breadcrumbs. Put the crumbs in a bowl.
- Next to go into the food processor are the borlotti beans, potatoes and curry powder, all seasoned with another good pinch of salt. Blend together until you have a smooth, uniform mixture.
- Add the bean and potato mixture and the drained quinoa to the bowl of basil-flavoured breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly. Cover and leave to rest in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Divide the burger mix into 12 small portions. Shape each one with your hands and coat them with the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the burgers in 2-3 tablespoons of oil over a high flame for 1 minute, then turn them over and cook for another minute before seasoning with a little salt.
- Slather the rolls with the avocado salsa, then fill each one with three of the mini burgers and a slice of tomato. Serve.
Chef’s suggestion: To give your burgers a bit more punch, rub the toasted side of the roll with half a peeled clove of garlic.