Austrian Vanillekipferl (vanilla crescents)
These delicious morsels with a fine vanilla flavour are just the biscuit on a cosy Christmas evening.
|For the dough:|
|220 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|60-80 g||icing sugar|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|3 packages||bourbon vanilla sugar|
|50 g||Paniermehl - Breadcrumbs|
|200 g||ground almonds|
|200 g||cold butter|
|100 g||icing sugar|
|2 packages||vanilla sugar|
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the dough in a mixing bowl.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and quickly bring together into a short dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and rest for approx. 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the 170°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- With cold hands, shape pieces of the dough into little crescent shapes and space them out on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 10 – 12 minutes.
- Important! Leave the crescents to cool on the tray, otherwise they will crumble.
- Mix the sugar and vanilla sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Carefully remove the Kipferl (the crescents) from the tray, place them in the sugar-vanilla sugar mix to coat them.
- Tip! Only coat 3 – 4 Kipferl at a time.