Apricot jam biscuits
The classic biscuit with the hole in the centre and jam! A hit every time!
|100 g||soft butter|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|2 tbsp||dry Marsala|
|30 g||apricot jam|
|grated lemon peel|
- Sieve the flour into a bowl, make a well in the middle and place the sugar, soft butter (or margarine), grated lemon zest, salt, eggs and the marsala wine into it. Combine everything thoroughly using your hands. Don’t knead the dough for too long.
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C. Grease a baking tray and dust it with flour.
- Dust the work surface with flour and roll out the dough (until it is approx. 3-4 mm thick).
- Use two different sized cutters to cut out an equal number of rounds and ring shapes for the biscuits.
- 6Spread a teaspoon of jam on the round biscuits and place the rings on top.
- Lay the biscuits on the baking tray and bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes.