Apple Meringue Cake
Nothing says home like the smell of baking! This apple meringue cake is divine.
|For the 3 bases / bottoms:|
|120 g||Mix C - Mix Pâtisserie|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|For the meringue:|
|1 tsp||corn starch|
|For the filling:|
|200 g||mascarpone cheese|
|100 ml||double cream cheese|
|For the decoration:|
|a little bit of||icing sugar|
- Mix the softened butter and sugar.
- Add the egg yolks one by one.
- Mix the baking powder with the flour.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk in turns.
- Divide the dough in three and spread each part on its own baking paper. Make circles (15 cm diameter).
- Bake bottoms for about 7 minutes.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large, clean bowl with a mixer until stiff. Gradually whisk in the sugar. The meringue is ready when you can turn the bowl upside down without the eggs sliding out. Finally whisk in the corn starch.
- Divide the meringue in three and spread it on the pre-baked bottoms. Bake for about 7 minutes or until the meringue has a nice brownish color.
- Whip the cream and mascarpone until fluffy. Add the sugar.
- Slice the apples.
- Fill cake with apple slices and mascarpone filling.
- Decorate with icing sugar.