Acqua cotta (Tuscan tomato soup)
This soup from Tuscany has ancient origins and is prepared in various versions with different ingredients. Ours is a simple but tasty recipe.
|8 slices||Cereale del Mastro Panettiere / Flerkorn / Maestro Cereale|
|750 g||peeled tomatoes|
|60 g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1-2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 pinch/es of||salt and pepper|
- Seed and dice the tomatoes and dice the celery.
- In a pot, lightly brown the celery and onions in a little oil.
- Add the tomatoes, water, salt and pepper and let simmer at low temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Lightly toast the bread slices and place them in the soup plates.
- Shortly before the soup is ready, pour the beaten eggs into the soup plates.
- Pour the soup on top. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.