An exquisite leavened croissant goes well with a cup of tea or coffee.
|For the beurre manié (kneaded butter):|
|20 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|For the dough:|
|250 g||Mix B - Bread-Mix|
|1-2 pinch/es of||salt|
|15 g||dry yeast|
|1 pinch/es of||sugar|
|30 g||butter at room temperature|
|130 ml||lukewarm milk|
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Make a hollow in the centre and pour in the sugar and the yeast. Add 1/3 of the warm milk and wait until the yeast forms bubbles.
- Add the remaining milk, butter, egg and egg yolk and knead for 4-5 minutes until obtaining a soft dough. Let it sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to form a square of about 30 x 30. Place the mixture of butter and flour in the centre.
- Fold the four sides of the dough and roll them out on themselves again. Repeat the whole process four times.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a thickness of 4 mm. Cut into a square of 8 x 8 cm, roll from one corner to form the croissants.
- Place the croissants on a baking sheet covered with oven parchment and brush with the mixture of egg yolk and milk.
- Let the croissants sit in the same way as the bagels.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 230° C (upper and lower elements turned on) for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.